On Feb 10th (2023), our CEO Patrick jumped on a call with Ben Gabler, CEO of Rocket.net, and Kyle Van Deusen from the Admin Bar to discuss how to choose the right web hosting platform/provider.
In the interview, they dive into:
- The four categories of WordPress hosting, some of the downfalls of shared hosting, opinions on Cloudways, and why people often move upstream from shared providers.
- GridPane: Who we’re best suited for.
- Economies of scale: How the cost of hosting depends on the number of websites being hosted, traffic, and the level of support required.
- High-traffic websites and when a different type of hosting solution may be required.
- Caching: The role caching plays in speed and performance.
- DevOps: A quick overview of what DevOps is.
- Apache vs. Nginx: Apache’s limitations in handling requests compared to Nginx.
- Agency care plans: Why agency care plans are a good idea for maintaining a client’s digital footprint and why hosting should be part of the web package offered by the agency.
- Partnership: The importance of partnering with a hosting company that can provide the foundation for a care plan and support to ensure the success of your business.
The Admin Bar Facebook Group
If you’re not already a member of Kyle’s Facebook group, The Admin Bar, we definitely recommend checking it out:
If you’re not already a member of our Facebook community you can check that out here: